As the college advising team at Trinity Christian School, we recognize that each of our students has been uniquely created by God for his purposes. As our students grow in their grasp of truth and in cultivating character and a life of service here at Trinity, we trust that they are becoming more like Christ and are being prepared to be salt and light in the world when they graduate from our school and move on to college and careers.
By providing information, guidance, and assistance throughout the college search and application process, our goal is to help students discover which college option will offer the academic and social environment that will help them thrive and bring glory to the Lord Jesus. One of our greatest pleasures is celebrating with our seniors when they are accepted to a college that is just the right fit for them.
Please click on the links on this page to learn more about the support and resources we offer to our students along the way.
Soli Deo Gloria,
Mrs. Yvonne Gaffin
Trinity Christian School is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) and the Potomac and Chesapeake Association for College Admission Counseling (PCACAC). As such, we affirm NACAC's Statement of Principles of Good Practice and the Statement of Students' Rights and Responsibilities in the College Admission Process.
Trinity's student-centered college advising program is a comprehensive process involving a variety of services that provide students and parents with resources for applying to college.
These programs help students and parents learn more about the application process.
- College Night: An overview of the college search and application process for freshmen and sophomores and their parents.
- Financial Aid Night: A comprehensive look at the financial aid process, led by a college financial aid officer.
- Junior College Meeting: A detailed look at the timeline of the college application process for juniors and their parents. Each year a panel of admission officers answers questions and dispels myths. Past participants have included representatives from James Madison University, The College of William & Mary, Patrick Henry College, Georgetown University, George Washington University, Virginia Tech, and Wheaton College.
- College Application Workshop: A three-session summer workshop giving students an opportunity to fill out the Common Application; to write, revise, and complete one college essay; and to finalize their college list. Visiting college admission officers share interview tips and discuss application do’s and don’ts.
Activities throughout the year allow students to meet with college representatives on our campus.
- Christian College Fair: Each fall, Trinity hosts more than 25 Christian colleges from around the country for this regional evening event. Students and parents from the broader community are also invited to attend.
- College Admission Representatives: The college advising office hosts representatives every year from more than 40 colleges, such as Grove City College, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest University, Florida State University, Wheaton College, Purdue University, George Mason University, The College of William & Mary, Baylor University, Hope College, University of Alabama, Ohio State University, Penn State University, Colgate University, and Vanderbilt University.
- Individual meetings with students in junior and senior year.
- Junior and senior class meetings.
- Individual support throughout junior and senior year as needed.
- Supporting the college essay workshop in senior English classes.
- Gathering input for letters of recommendation.
- Sending transcripts and recommendations to colleges as requested.