Look who got a yes from Yale University! Senior Enoch is the first-ever Gryphon to be accepted to the Connecticut university.
Upper School 7-12
Trinity offers a college-preparatory curriculum. Emphasis is not only on teaching content, but also on developing lifelong learners who are adept at reading, writing, and reasoning. Advanced Placement or honors courses are offered in many departments.
Teaching methods in the Upper School incorporate oral presentations, drama, papers, speeches, debates, worldview discussion, and guided research with the goal of synthesizing ideas (leading to the composition and defense of the senior thesis).
Every student in Grades 7 - 12 receives an ASUS Transformer Book T100 tablet to use in classrooms and at home. A large percentage of the Upper School curriculum will be in an e-book format.
Graduation Requirements for the Class of 2018 and Beyond
|English|| ||4 credits|
|Social Studies1||4 credits|
|Foreign Language||3 credits in one language, or 2 credits in two languages|
|Fine Arts||1 credit|
|Lab Sciences3 ||4 credits|
|Christian Studies||1 credit for each year at Trinity|
|Physical Education4||1 credit|
|Electives5||3 credits (other than PE electives)|
|Chapel||.25 credit for each year at Trinity|
| ||.25 credit for each year at Trinity|
1World History 2, U.S. History, and Government required
2Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 required
3Biology/Honors Biology and Chemistry/Honors Chemistry required
4Health and Lifestyle Fitness required
5Arts & Aesthetics required; to be completed in sophomore year by all students
Additional Graduation Requirements
What do students say?
"I feel so blessed that God has brought me through this path of staying at Trinity for high school," said Sam Powers, a Trinity senior who received a Jefferson Scholarship this week.
To learn more about the Upper School's technology and e-curriculum, click here.
Fine Arts in the Upper School
- The yearlong Arts & Aesthetics serves as the foundational course in the fine arts program. It provides a biblical basis for the arts and an understanding of the Christian approach to the concept of beauty and art created to the glory of God.
- Studio art classes explore two- and three-dimensional art and graphic design at several levels, including portfolio preparation for college study.
- Instrumental and choral ensembles are open by audition; students regularly perform for the school and community.
- Theater arts classes are open to all students; fall and spring drama or musical productions are staged with open auditions for the entire Upper School student body.
A comprehensive library/media collection is housed in two distinct centers on campus. For the Upper School, the collection offers hard-copy texts, electronic resources, a periodicals collection, and audio-visual materials.
- Nearly 2,500 print titles are available to use in the center or to check out for use at home or in class.
- For research, 12 computer stations provide access to the Internet, the OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog), and online databases.
- Trinity subscribes to JSTOR, an electronic journal storage project that provides full-text access to complete runs of back issues of scholarly journal titles.
- A full-time librarian assists students and teachers with research and the use of the materials.
- While the collection intentionally supports the Christian worldview, it contains a broad selection of titles meant to expose students to the variety of ideas they will encounter in college and in life.